EMDR is a highly effective treatment for simple/complex PTSD, attachment trauma, anxiety disorders, depression, addictive behaviour problems, and many other clinical issues. Enhance your clinical skills with this highly sought-after evidence-based therapy and learn to use it with adults, teens, and children.
Why Train with Us?
Dr. Alivia Maric, RPsych, and Eve Wilensky, RCC, weave together two different and complementary teaching styles and approaches to EMDR therapy.
Together, they have decades of experience working within the trauma field, and they are passionate advocates of the healing power of EMDR.
Plus, they have so much fun together! Their energy and enthusiasm help participants to see the wide range of approaches to this work.
About the Trainings
Our trainings are based on Dr. Marshall Wilensky’s curriculum, which has been fine-tuned over the last 25 years, continually incorporating the latest research.
This is an in-person training, where you will get the benefit of live demonstrations, small-group practice sessions, and supportive attentive facilitators.
You will stay with the same cohort throughout, allowing for the opportunity to form ongoing supportive connections with fellow trainees.
The latest edition of Dr. Francine Shapiro’s EMDR textbook, training manuals, handouts, and practice workbooks are included.
- Ten hours of consultation required to complete the training are included at no additional cost.
- These consultation sessions are scheduled throughout the training process to support you as you begin using EMDR with your in-person and virtual clients.
- You will have access to a private consultation forum for ongoing support from multiple EMDRIA Approved Consultants and a searchable archive of more than 15 years of discussions and 25,000 posts.
- You will also have access to a library of EMDR sources, such as links to online videos, readings, journal articles, podcasts, and other web resources.
We Are Local!
- The trainings take place on the unceded, traditional, and ancestral homelands of the wməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations, Vancouver BC.
- This training connects you with instructors and facilitators who are active members of the local EMDR community, EMDR Canada and EMDR International Association (EMDRIA).
- We provide ongoing support to the local community of EMDR clinicians through consultation, a clinicians’ forum, and other services.
- Over 2500 therapists, counsellors, social workers, psychologists, psychiatrists, and other mental health professionals have been trained by the British Columbia School of Professional Psychology throughout the Lower Mainland, in communities throughout British Columbia.
- Current projects include working with the EMDR Humanitarian Assistance Program that offers free therapy and psychological first-aid to refugees in Canada, first responders, frontline workers, and others in-need in Canada.